Wednesday, April 06, 2011

TAM Docents: Scheduled Chihuly Public Tours

Hello Docents-

I know this may sound soon but we are often “ahead of ourselves” where marketing is concerned. I feel that the public docent tours have been a big hit so far and I would like to continue with our roll by scheduling some set tours of Dale Chihuly’s Northwest, Chihuly: Gifts from the Artist, and Chihuly Walking Tours in a similar fashion. Before I dive in and do so, I want you to have the option to tell me, “no way because…” in case there issues or concerns I am so far, blissfully, unaware of. You get through the end of the week to educate me, bow out, or otherwise agree wholeheartedly to give unlimited tours. Then I will proceed to schedule tours based on your already scheduled docent shifts. If you know you will be gone during the run of Dale Chihuly’s Northwest please get those dates to me as soon as you can so that I don’t schedule a tour for you. If I forget or screw something up, my bad, I will plan to give the tour (I think you are all better at giving tours so I will try not to screw up!)

I really appreciate all that you do and I keep hearing what a bang up job you are all doing on the Rockwell tours. Thanks so much for being such a great group of docents!

Best regards,

-Jana

 

 

Dale Chihuly's Northwest
May 21–September 25, 2011

Step into an enhanced re-creation of The Northwest Room from Dale Chihuly's Seattle Boathouse—where the artists finds inspiration for his internationally acclaimed work. Featuring Chihuly's glass artwork alongside selections from the artist's personal collections, including Native American baskets, trade blankets, Willits canoes, and Edward S. Curtis photogravures. In celebration of Dale Chihuly's 70th Birthday.

 

Jana Wennstrom | TACOMA ART MUSEUM

Manager of Public and Volunteer Programs

 

T: 253.272.4258 x3030

1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98402

www.TacomaArtMuseum.org

 

 

American Chronicles: The Art of

NORMAN ROCKWELL

February 26 – May 30, 2011

 

courage – family – innocence – freedom – history

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home