Wednesday, April 27, 2011

TAM Docents: Exhibition Updates and more!

Hello Docents-

At our last meeting, I was only able to give you some teaser information regarding upcoming information since we did not have concrete dates set. While the concrete is hardly dry, I do have some information you may find interesting and useful that has come from Curatorial:

 

1.    The exhibition title and dates for the Virna Haffer exhibition have been established. A Turbulent Lens: The Photographic Art of Virna Haffer, July 2—October 16, 2011.

2.    The New Acquisitions exhibition has a firm opening date of June 25, 2011. Closing date and exhibition title are still to be determined.

3.    Dale Chihuly’s Northwest, May 21-September 25, 2011. Exhibition title and dates are firm.

4.    It Gets Better will close and deinstall on April 29.

5.    There will be an installation of jewelry in Davis beginning this summer. The Eloquent Silver Curve: The Jewelry of Flora Book, August 2011—close date to be determined.

6.    Folk Treasures of Mexico: The Nelson A. Rockefeller Collection from the San Antonio Museum of Art. Exhibition title is firm. Opening date is October 15, 2011. Closing date is tentatively scheduled for February 2012.

 

I would also like to remind you that April is coming to a close this week and I still haven’t received all of your evaluations. I have copied below what I have in my possession – those are the *asterisks. If you know you turned something in but you don’t see evidence, I will need more info because that represents what I have in my hands right now. If you are having trouble pairing up, I would be happy to send out the contact list to everyone again. Our next scheduled training is slated for Tuesday May 17 and that will be for Dale Chihuly’s Northwest. Rock has informed me that the catalogs are now in and they are wonderful (that part I know for sure because I got to see a copy), plus they are only $19.95 before your discount.

 

Finally, and I thank you for your patience, I just want to remind you that Zoe is doing her Curatorial Adventures in Japan talk tomorrow at 1 pm in the Event Space. Please come give your support to this lovely lady (and hear a great talk to boot!) if you are able.

 

Peer Evaluation

Self-Evaluaiton

Docents

April

April

Barbara Abegg

 

 

Barbara Beaver

*

*

Barbara Renfro

*

*

Cathy Wiggins

 

 

Debora Kernan

 

 

Elizabeth Walsh

*

*

Ellen Shigeno

 

 

Errol Alexander

 

 

Gaard Logan

 

 

Judi Keyser

 

 

Karin Morris

 

 

Katrina Frank

 

 

Linda Flatley

 

 

Margaret Upshaw

 

 

Nancy Harris

 

 

Randi Kander

*

*

Randy Hyde

*

*

Rose Oliveira

*

*

Sanjeev Narang

 

 

Sharon Berens

 

 

Sue Stibbe

 

 

Terry Dew

 

 

 

Thank you for all that you do for Tacoma Art Museum!

-Jana

 

P.S. I really looked closely for typos on this email because I made a grievous error yesterday (as pointed out by my supervisor) but I am happy to say that none of you have called me on it yet. I hope that if you find it that it makes you laugh. It really was a mistake.

 

Jana Wennstrom | TACOMA ART MUSEUM

Manager of Public and Volunteer Programs

 

T: 253.272.4258 x3030

1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98402

www.TacomaArtMuseum.org

 

 

American Chronicles: The Art of

NORMAN ROCKWELL

February 26 – May 30, 2011

 

courage – family – innocence – freedom – history

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home