Thursday, April 04, 2013

TAM Docents and ARC: Courtney's maternity leave

Hello, fabulous docents and excellent ARC volunteers:

 

I am about to send you updated shift calendars and some other housekeeping matters in a separate email, but first I wanted to check in with all of you about my rapidly approaching maternity leave. My due date is May 1, and I’ll be starting my leave a little before that just in case. My last day here at the museum will be Sunday, April 14. I’ll then be taking about 6 months at home with my family before returning in a similar part-time role to my current position. Depending on the needs of the education department that role may cover a different range of program areas; we will keep you updated as we figure it out.

 

As you’ve heard, congrats are also in order for Megan Ristine, who leaves the museum after this Sunday for another position. I know you all will miss her as much as we will! It is an unfortunate coincidence that Megan and I, your two main contacts, are coinciding so closely in our departure dates, and the whole department has been hard at work puzzling out the best way to make sure docents, the ARC, and all our volunteers continue to receive the strong support you need in this transition. Here are the main contacts you need to know about, all cc’d on this email:

 

Firstly, Amy Dieringer is a member of Visitor Services staff who Megan is training to oversee the volunteer coordination aspects of her position in the interim until we post and fill this role. Her responsibilities will include day-to-day items like scheduling docent and ARC shifts, and serving as our main contact for volunteers. She can be reached at the email above, or by calling the front desk at x3035.

 

Secondarily, Sloane King-Owen is our resident Renaissance Woman, serving many roles in the education department (and throughout the museum) over the past year. She’ll be overseeing the public programs aspects of my position, including staffing those programs. Since a number of public programs are also docent trainings, I suspect you will see her often! She can be reached at the email above or at x3016.

 

Finally, Josh Proehl is our Interim Director of Education. When in doubt, you can always contact him with any questions or concerns, at the above email or at x3038.

 

I will miss my regular contact with all of you over the next half-year! But I suspect I will visit at least a few times… with two kiddos in tow. So I am sure I will see you soon. In the meanwhile, an extra big thanks as always for all your hard work on behalf of the museum. We couldn’t do it without you.

 

Warm regards,

Courtney

 

Courtney Vowels | TACOMA ART MUSEUM

Public and Docent Programs Manager

 

T: 253.272.4258 x3030

1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98402

www.TacomaArtMuseum.org

 

 

Beyond Books: The Independent Art of Eric Carle
April 6–July 7

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home