Thursday, January 12, 2006

Re: Chihuly floats


Hey Barbara

I have seen "unspecified" and " till spring 2006" as ending dates for
the Chihuly floats - it's definitely * not * a permanent exhibit.

Hey Everyone

** Group Email and Blog Posting **

To keep matters as simple as possible; just send all emails to one
email address:

tamdocents@googlegroups.com

Everyone receives the message and it automatically gets posted on the blog.

Regards
Sanjeev

On 1/12/06, Barbara Reisman <reismanbarbara@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Docents,
> This is in response to Sanjeev and Penny's comments on the blog about the
> floats-I tried to post a comment there but didn't know what password and
> log-in I needed. Sanjeev, please advise.
> I whole-heartedly agree with what both of you wrote. (If anyone else is
> wondering what I'm referring to, go directly to the blog to read it) I have
> always thought of the untitled wave as a sculpture in its own right, so this
> is a little like using Andy Goldsworthy's stones for a platform to set some
> art on. I wonder if any astute art critics will pick up on this, or is it
> only the docents who have made a warm spot in our collective arts for this
> unique stone work. I also worry about the Chihuly-mad throngs who may miss
> the forest for the trees. But I do understand that TAM is trying to bring
> in more people, and as docents that's a goal we all support. I haven't
> heard-are they a temporary or (please say no) permanent installation? That
> will make a big difference in my attitude, but they're here now, and I guess
> we can all hope that they'll bring in more people who decide...well, as long
> as I'm here, I wonder if someone can tell me what all this other stuff is
> about?
> Cheers,
> Barbara Reisman
>
>
>

--
Regards,
Sanjeev Narang

***

email: ask {*at*} eConsultant dot com
<a href="http://www.eConsultant.com">www.eConsultant.com</a>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home