Thursday, January 12, 2006

Chihuly floats

Dear Docents,
This is in response to Sanjeev and Penny's comments on the blog about the
floats-I tried to post a comment there but didn't know what password and
log-in I needed. Sanjeev, please advise.
I whole-heartedly agree with what both of you wrote. (If anyone else is
wondering what I'm referring to, go directly to the blog to read it) I have
always thought of the untitled wave as a sculpture in its own right, so this
is a little like using Andy Goldsworthy's stones for a platform to set some
art on. I wonder if any astute art critics will pick up on this, or is it
only the docents who have made a warm spot in our collective arts for this
unique stone work. I also worry about the Chihuly-mad throngs who may miss
the forest for the trees. But I do understand that TAM is trying to bring
in more people, and as docents that's a goal we all support. I haven't
heard-are they a temporary or (please say no) permanent installation? That
will make a big difference in my attitude, but they're here now, and I guess
we can all hope that they'll bring in more people who decide...well, as long
as I'm here, I wonder if someone can tell me what all this other stuff is
about?
Cheers,
Barbara Reisman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home