Upcoming trainings & fun opportunities
I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather we’re having lately! I’ve attached the updated docent training calendar for the next couple months. I will be overseeing docent training—with some much appreciated help from Megan R—until we hire for the new position. We have not yet posted that opening, and as we craft the position and think about what we are looking for in the person who will fill it, I’d love to hear from you about anything you feel is especially important for us to keep in mind.
Some things to note about the attached calendar:
· As Megan sent out at the end of last week, the next upcoming “for fun” opportunity is lunch with the docent team from the Frye, who will be visiting and touring TAM this Friday the 18th. Lunch is at 12 pm on the atrium, with box meals available from the café. Please let me or Megan know ASAP if you are able to attend. We’d love to see you, and so would the Frye folks!
· Other than that, your big training assignment for May is those peer evaluations. I believe Jana was helping to set people up with observation times. Let me know if you still need to find a time to observe a peer, or if you have any other questions. Looking forward to seeing the evaluations.
· The next required training program is June 13, when the Marioni family will be here to discuss their art with Rock.
· I’ll have one more updated calendar before we take a break for summer, as we are still working out the Marie Watt training and will also have a list of background readings for you on the upcoming exhibitions.
· Please save the date of Tuesday, June 19, starting at 4 pm, for a celebration of all your hard work this year and a chance for the education department to spend some time with you! Details about location coming soon.
Thanks, as always, for all you do for the museum.
Courtney Vowels | TACOMA ART MUSEUM
Director of Education
T: 253.272.4258 x3038
1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98402
THE SECRET IS OUT / AND YOU’RE INVITED
HIDE/SEEK: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture
March 17–June 10, 2012