Wednesday, November 11, 2009

TAM Docents: Anne Seago

Hello Docents-
A number of you have been asking me over the past months, "Whatever happened to Anne Seago?" I just wanted to share the copy of an email I received today (copied below).
I also got some good feedback today about sharing news of what is happening with you all. Margaret Upshaw pointed out that it would be nice to know when things are going on with all of you. I agree! I would like to share information. Therefore, when you call or email with any news that you would prefer to NOT have shared with fellow docents, please indicate that. Otherwise, I will plan to be more communicative with future developments.
Thank you!
-Jana

Jana Wennstrom
Manager of Education and Volunteer Programs
TACOMA ART MUSEUM
T: 253.272.4258 x3030
 
 


Hi Jana,
We made it back from our summer bike trip to the east coast - 4500+
miles in about three months. We had such a good time we wanted to keep
going when we got there and coming home to a "normal" life has been an
adjustment.
Now my mother is dying and I'm going to be spending extended periods of
time in Iowa where my father has been her caregiver for seven years.
So... with all of my extended absences I am going to officially give up
my docent "job" at the museum. I enjoyed it thoroughly over the past
several years, both the art education I received and the people - public
and staff. Maybe when things settle down I can come back in some capacity.
I do appreciate all of the work the staff does to make docenting the
pleasure that it is.
Thank you for all you do for the museum.
Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home