Thursday, September 25, 2008

TAM Docents: A training opportunity

Hello Docents-

I am sorry for the short notice on this, but I wanted to get it out in case you missed Don Fels lecture on Saturday, October 13. Don Fels will be at Tacoma Art Museum today to talk to a group of SOTA students from 4 – 5 pm. If you would like to attend, please meet in the Event Space.

I have attached the text panels and checklist for the Speaking Parts exhibition. The training for that is scheduled for Monday, October 13 from 10:30 – 12:30 with Margaret Bullock. She will also do a walk-through of Oasis since we didn’t get the chance to do that before it opened. She is also working on a less formal evening option that will be much shorter so that VS will get some training time in the exhibitions. For those that miss the Monday training, this will at least give an overview. I will be mailing out a new training schedule this week and hope to have that evening time ironed out before then.

Thank you for your patience with me as I learn the ropes and catch up with all of you. Time permitting, I may ask for a tour of the exhibitions from one or more of you so that I can get the hang of touring again. It has been a while!

Thank you for all that you do for Tacoma Art Museum!

Best regards,

-Jana

 

 

Jana Wennstrom

Volunteer Programs Coordinator

TACOMA ART MUSEUM

1701 Pacific Avenue

Tacoma, Washington 98402

T: 253.272.4258 x3030

F: 253.627.1898

www.TacomaArtMuseum.org

Become a Member Today!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home