Thursday, January 14, 2010

TAM Docents: Updates and Reminders

Hello Docents-

I wanted to let you know about a change that will, hopefully, be positive. I will be taking over the docent scheduling again for group tours as Allison has had a change in her role here at the museum (she is now the Museum Educator and we are hiring a half-time Education Assistant). Therefore, all communications will now come from me again which should simplify that process on your end.

 

Secondly, I wanted to remind you all about the Docent Log Book at the docent desk. I have a couple of faithful loggers but the majority of you are not participating. While I don’t think it is necessary if the day is so slow that there is nothing to report, I think it would be great to have you remark on tours. I have also been told by docents, at different times, that it is helpful to have suggestions and observations included in your log entries that may be useful for future tours and visitor interactions. Please read and write in the log.

 

I hope that all is going well with you. Please keep letting me know what sorts of things are working for trainings, tours, etc, and what isn’t. I know that we are still working things out with the new building scheduling requirements and that the current solution is not optimal. You have shown remarkable patience and I appreciate your willingness to make it work as much as possible. I truly appreciate all that you do and your continued enthusiasm as docents.

 

Finally, I am finding the shelves up at the docent desk a bit confusing with so many binders that look the same. I am planning to remove some of the older binders with archive material downstairs to the admin level. If you have any strong feelings about their removal, please let me know. I would like to restrict the binders to just the current exhibitions, upcoming exhibitions, and log book.

 

Thanks again,

-Jana

 

Jana Wennstrom

Manager of Public and Volunteer Programs

TACOMA ART MUSEUM

1701 Pacific Avenue

Tacoma, Washington 98402

T: 253.272.4258 x3030

F: 253.627.1898

JWennstrom@TacomaArtMuseum.org

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home