Thursday, September 15, 2005

Akio Takamori

Hi there,

 

I am attending the Akio Takamori lecture tomorrow at Bellevue Arts Museum. Tacoma Art Museum will be showing Akio’s work in June 2006. If you would like to join me please let me know so I can look for you. I live in Seattle, so if you don’t mind taking the bus back I can offer a ride to 3 people. I can drop people off at the downtown Seattle bus stop and there is a direct line to the Tacoma Dome Station. I will be leaving TAM at 4:30 pm to make sure I am on time.

 

I hope you are well,

 

Carri

 

Friday, September 16

LaMar Harrington Lecture Series

Inaugural Program

Akio Takamori Figurative Ceramics

 

From the evocative imagery of love and lust, birth and death, his signature “envelope” vessels of the 80s and early 90s, to the recent tableaus of freestanding solid figures, internationally renown artist and University of Washington professor Akio Takamori, presents Figurative Ceramics, a lecture on the chronological development of his imaginative clay work spanning 30 years.

Museum Auditorium

6:30 pm

Free to Members/ $5 non-members

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home